| Vascular Surgery
Provides a full range of vascular diagnostic, interventional endovascular and conventional arterial reconstructive surgery.
- Aortic aneurysms (thoracic and abdominal), carotid endarterectomy for stroke prevention, and lower limb ischaemia
- Endoluminal repair of aortic aneurysms, dissections and thoracic trauma
- Stents, grafts, emergency and elective Vascular Surgery
- Autologous blood transfusion is used for all major arterial operations
- Sympathectomies including thoracoscopic, catheter-directed thrombolysis of major deep vein thromboses
There is day patient arteriography and endovascular intervention, plus advice and therapy for outpatients with arterial or major venous disease or injury.
Vascular Surgery Unit
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
Grattan Street, Parkville Vic 3050
|Mr Noel Atkinson
||Head of Unit
|Mr Peter Milne
|Mr Bernard Allard
|Mr Peter Chu
|Mr Tim Wagner
|Mr Adrian Ling
Referrals and Advice
Outpatient clinic referrals are triaged. Fax Outpatient Appointment form and referral letter to 9342 4234, or mail to Outpatient Appointment Desk, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, 3050. GP priority telephone number 9349 2280.
Advice and urgent referrals: phone hospital switchboard on 9342 7000 and page the Vascular Registrar or contact the Emergency Department. Emergency advice from consultants is available through the Emergency Department 24 hours a day