A small number of families have a greater risk of Breast and Ovarian Cancer because they carry an inherited altered gene.
Individuals may benefit from contacting us if they meet one or more of the following guidelines (on the same side of the family):
- multiple close relatives with breast or ovarian cancer
- a family member who developed breast cancer at less than 40 years of age and/or ovarian cancer at less than 50 years of age
- a family member who has had both Breast and Ovarian Cancer or more than one breast cancer
- a male family member with breast cancer
- a family history of breast cancer or ovarian cancer and Jewish ancestry.