The Western Cluster delivers a range of training and development initiatives for staff located in western metropolitan and regional mental health services of Victoria.
Visit our pages on:
- Education & Training - view the training calendar and download the registration form
- Governance Structures - learn about your local Cluster Representative and the Western Cluster administrative team
- Contact Us - send the Western Cluster team an email or give them a phonecall
In 2004, the DHS initiated the Workforce Development Project. It grouped Victorian mental health services into three clusters: The North East Cluster (NEVIL), the Southern Cluster, and the Western Cluster. Victoriaís Education and Training Clusters provide a powerful vehicle for mental health workforce development.
The Western Cluster Committees of Management are committed to genuine change and innovation in training delivery. Translation of skills, knowledge and attitudes that impact positively on direct care practice are at the core of the Western Cluster philosophy.
We aim to:
- Ensure that all Western Cluster activities are strategically guided by relevant policy and workforce considerations, including the mental health workforce standards.
- Establish a cohesive, coordinated, and practice based model for cluster activities.
- Strengthen the capacity of the mental health workforce, by delivering multi-series education and training that targets specific workforce development.
- Ensure careful fiscal planning, to achieve maximum gain from allocated cluster funds.
- Strengthen State-wide partnership (inclusive of the three Training & Education Clusters), to consolidate existing collaborations, and develop new cross-sector strategies to enhance workforce development.
The Western Cluster delivers a range of training and development initiatives for staff across the cluster, using a collaborative approach and through sharing expertise.
For information about the Western Cluster, please contact: WesternCluster@mh.org.au.
The members of the Western Cluster are:
- South West Area Mental Health Service (Mercy Mental Health)
- NorthWestern Mental Health incorporating Mid West AMHS, Inner West AMHS, Northern AMHS,
North West AMHS, Aged Persons' MHP and ORYGEN Youth Health
- Barwon Health Mental Health Service
- Glenelg (South Western) Area Mental Health Service (Warrnambool)
- Ballarat (Grampians) Psychiatric Service
- Loddon Campaspe/Southern Mallee Mental Health Service (Bendigo and Swan Hill)
- Northern Mallee Mental Health Service (Mildura)
- Royal Children's Hospital Mental Health Service
- Royal Women's Hospital, Centre for Women's Mental Health
Click on the logos below to visit the Western Cluster partners: